Cost per serving $1.06 view details
- >> DOUGH <<
- 1.3 c. butter
- 1.5 c. flour
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 0.5 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 egg yolk
- >> APPLE FILLING <<
- 1/5 c. butter,
- 1/3 c. sugar (dark brown)
- 4 apples (1lb)
- a handful of raisins and other fruits if you like
- >> MERINGUE <<
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- >> First, create bottom layer apple filling. <<
- If apples' skin is tough cut it off. Cut apples on medium pieces (2-3cm).
- Melt 1/5 c. butter in a pan.
- Distribute dark brown sugar in pan. Wait until sugar start boiling in a few places, don't bring to caramelization.
- Add apple pieces. You can also add a handful of other berries or raisins. I added even some nuts. Add cinnamon power if you like. Stir.
- Put into baking pan (d20). It is good if you can fry and bake in the same pan, so you won't need to relocate apples. Baking pan should be leakproof, so caramel will not leak out.
- Put into oven (400F) for 20 minutes.
- >> While apple are baking, prepare dough. <<
- Put the butter at room temperature, sugar, egg yolk, baking powder soda into a bowl. Beat with a mixer. Pour the flour and mix with a mixer at low speed. The dough should be turned out in the form of crumbs.
- Remove the dough in the refrigerator until apples are ready.
- Take baking pan from oven. Add dough on top uniformly but do not press.
- Put back into the oven for around 20 minutes until top becomes brownish.
- >> Prepare meringue. <<
- Beat up egg white with sugar and lemon juice.
- Distribute meringue n top of cake. Put pie back into the oven, turn it off and leave with open door for around 20 minutes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 232g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 409||58%|
|Total Fat 46.53g||58%|
|Saturated Fat 29.24g||117%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 71.43g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|