This simple recipe has been modified over time from the recipe that came with a crock pot I got years ago. It has changed some and I especially love it in the fall and winter. A football season favorite. Sometimes I will serve it over noodles and make a ChiliMac supper with a small side salad.
- 1.5 lbs ground beef (I use lean to keep the fat content down)
- 2 - 20 oz cans of whole tomatoes
- 1- 15 oz can of stewed tomatoes
- 1- 15 ounce can of dark red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1- medium yellow onion (chopped into small pieces)
- 3- tbs chili powder
- 1- tsp cumen
- 1-tbsTony Charere's Cajun seasoning
- 1-tsp diced garlic
- 1-tbs kosher salt
- brown ground beef in large saucepan with onion and garlic.
- drain off any excess grease
- Add tomatoes and kidney beans to crock pot.
- Add beef/onion mixture
- Add remaining ingredients
- Stir ingredients
- Cook in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours minimum.
- if you need to have it sooner, cook on high 4-6
- Stir every hour or so.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 225g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 93||49%|
|Total Fat 10.4g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 4.0g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.2g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|