Cost per recipe $6.56 view details
- 1 lg. head cabbage
- 1 1/2 pound grnd beef (can use 1 pound beef and 1/2 pound pork)
- 1 c. cooked rice or possibly barley
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt or possibly veggie salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pwdr
- 1 lg. jar sauerkraut, liquid removed
- 2 (8 ounce.) cans tomato sauce
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- Lowfat sour cream or possibly yogurt (optional)
- Core cabbage. Place core end down in pot with sufficient water to cover about 1/3 of cabbage. Simmer till leaves are soft sufficient to roll. Drain; cold. Carefully remove leaves.
- Combine beef, rice, onion, egg and seasonings; place in center of leaves, dividing proportionately. Roll up, tucking in edges (envelope style).
- In large baking pan, combine sauerkraut, half of tomato sauce, and brown sugar. Place cabbage rolls, seam side down, on sauerkraut. Pour remaining tomato sauce over rolls. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or possibly till the cabbage is cooked. Serve with lowfat sour cream, if you like.
- NOTE: Use baking pan just large sufficient to snuggly hold rolls.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1545g|
|Calories from Fat 1099||50%|
|Total Fat 122.0g||153%|
|Saturated Fat 48.03g||192%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 135.96g||36%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.1g||34%|