Cost per serving $3.64 view details
- 4 ounces dry navy beans
- 1 lb tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 small carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- 1 leek, white and tender green part, quartered and diced
- Bouquet garni - 8 parsley stems, pinch thyme, bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 lb green beans, ends snapped, cut crosswise into 1/2" lengths
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 3 ounces small elbow macaroni
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, washed and dried
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Soak dry beans in plenty of water for 4 hours or overnight. Drain and put in a large pot with 6 cups water. Bring to a boil, turn down and simmer until tender about 40 to 50 minutes. Drain.
- Put the tomatoes, onions, carrots, potatoes, leeks and bouquet garni in the pot with the cooked beans and 10 cups water. Add salt and pepper and bring to a boil and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the green beans, zucchini and macaroni and cook another 15 minutes. Discard the bouquet garni. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- To prepare the pistou; Put the garlic, basil, mint, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. Work in some of the grated Parmigiano until you have a very stiff paste, adding oil and grinding in more Parmigiano to bring the consistency to a barely fluid paste. Alternately this can also be made with a mortar and pestle.
- Ladle the hot soup into bowls and pass the pistou separately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 250g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 191||49%|
|Total Fat 21.57g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 4.28g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.92g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.8g||33%|