Cost per serving $3.69 view details
- 2 pounds seedless watermelon, peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 fennel bulb, fronds discarded
- 6 ounces baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Â½ teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Â½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small wedge ricotta salata cheese (for garnish)
- Place cut watermelon in a strainer over a bowl and set aside to collect extra juice.
- Cut fennel bulbs in half and remove the tough inner core. Slice fennel into thin slices, and mix with arugula in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, salt, pepper and watermelon juice. Slowly whisk in olive oil and continue whisking until dressing is emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Toss the fennel and arugula with just enough of the vinaigrette to coat and season with salt and pepper. Toss the watermelon in a separate bowl with just enough vinaigrette to coat. Make a bed of arugula and fennel on a serving platter, top with the watermelon and garnish with shavings of ricotta salata (vegetable peeler works great for this).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 150g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 162||79%|
|Total Fat 18.32g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 2.52g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.36g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|