Cost per serving $1.18 view details
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 c. sliced quartered zucchini
- 2 c. sliced red bell peppers
- 1 can mandarin orange slices - (4 ounce)
- 8 ounce orzo cooked, and cooled to room temperature Citrus Vinaigrette (see below)
- 1/2 c. dark raisins Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey mustard
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lrg green onion, including tops thinly sliced
- 3 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 tsp dry basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat till warm. Add in chicken and cook 10 to 15 min or possibly till well browned and no longer pink in center. Cut chicken into strips or possibly cubes.
- Combine chicken, zucchini, bell pepper, mandarin oranges and orzo in large bowl; drizzle with Citrus Vinaigrette and toss. Cover and chill at least 2 hrs or possibly overnight.
- Stir in raisins just before serving. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- For the Citrus Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in jar with tight-fitting lid; chill till serving time. Shake well before using. (
- Makes about 2/3 c.)
- This recipe yields 8 main-dish servings.
- Comments: This a colorful salad flowing with fresh flavors and delightful textures!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 191g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||20%|
|Total Fat 5.14g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.78g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 32.27g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|