Cost per serving $4.01 view details
- 1 1/3 lb chicken breast tenders - (to 1 1/2) Coarse salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 8 x pita breads
- 1 x ripe lemon zested and juiced
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh minced oregano
- 3 x garlic cloves minced
- 2 x Romaine lettuce hearts minced
- 1/2 c. pitted Kalamata olives coarsely minced
- 8 ounce feta cheese crumbled
- 2 x vine ripe tomatoes seeded, diced
- 1/3 x seedless or possibly English cucumber diced
- 1/2 x red onion minced
- 1/2 c. flat-leaf parsley leaves minced
- Preheat grill pan over high heat. Place chicken in shallow dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Wrap pita breads in foil. Place in hot oven and heat till dinner is served.
- Combine lemon zest, juice and vinegar in a bowl and whisk in oil. Add in oregano, garlic and whisk again to combine into dressing. Pour half the dressing over chicken tenders. Turn tenders in dressing to coat.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients in a bowl. Pour remaining dressing over salad and toss well. The salad should be very lightly dressed. Season salad with salt and pepper and transfer to a large serving platter.
- Grill tenders 4 to 5 min on each side. Transfer warm tenders to the salad lined serving platter. Remove pitas from oven and unwrap. Cut pitas in half and arrange around the edge of platter.
- To serve, each person can pile grilled chicken and veggies into pita halves, wrap up on either side and enjoy!
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 376g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 582||59%|
|Total Fat 65.43g||82%|
|Saturated Fat 17.49g||70%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 62.21g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||16%|