Cost per recipe $3.66 view details
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 2 tsp brown sugar, divided
- 1 c. hot water, divided
- 2 c. barley flour, divided
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 c. bean flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Put yeast into small bowl.
- Add in 1/2 tsp. sugar and 1/2 c. water.
- Put in a hot place to rise.
- Put remaining 1/2 c. water into large mixing bowl.
- Add in 1 c. barley flour and mix vigorously.
- Add in remaining 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar, oil, and salt and
- Mix well.
- Add in softened yeast and beat briskly.
- Add in bean flour and sufficient remaining barley flour to make dough which can
- be kneaded.
- Place on floured board and knead till smooth and elastic.
- Shape into two round loaves on greased cookie sheet and slash diagonally
- across tops.
- Let rise till double in bulk.
- Oil tops lightly, if you like, for more crispness.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 hour.17.Remove from pans onto wire rack and cold.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 599g|
|Calories from Fat 175||13%|
|Total Fat 20.11g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2.35g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 264.55g||71%|
|Dietary Fiber 25.5g||85%|