Cost per serving $2.62 view details
- 1 c. brown basmati rice
- 1 1/2 c. cooked black beans
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 4 lrg garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 lrg red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin, 1/2-inch-long slices (1 c.)
- 5 x scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 c. fresh lemon or possibly lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grnd cumin
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1. Bring the rice and 2 c. of water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce the heat, and simmer, partially covered, till the rice is tender, 30 to 40 min.
- 2. Combine the rice in a serving bowl with the black beans and extra virgin olive oil.
- Set aside.
- 3. Trim the tough ends from the asparagus, and cut it diagonally into slices. (You'll have about 3 c..) Steam the asparagus till barely tender, about 5 min.
- 4. Stir the asparagus into the rice, along with the garlic, red pepper, scallions, and cilantro.
- 5. Whisk the lemon juice with the salt, cumin, and tamari.
- 6. Stir the dressing into the salad, and serve at room temperature.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 126g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 41||16%|
|Total Fat 4.75g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.76g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.11g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.7g||26%|