Cost per serving $1.45 view details
- 1 lrg red sweet potato peeled and cut into 1/8-inch cubes (about 1+1/4-c.)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp unsalted butter or possibly more oil
- 1 pch coarsely grnd pepper
- 1/4 c. dry sherry
- 1Â 1/2 c. vegetable stock heated
- 4 x green onions trimmed and diced
- 1 x garlic clove chopped
- 4 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro or possibly less to taste
- 2/3 c. cooked basmati rice cool
- Note -*Inspirations and adaptations* Ming Tsai suggested preparing a brunoise of sweet potato as we would risotto.
- This recipe is the result ofthat suggestion. It combines some of our favorite foods. We mixed the caramelized sweet potato with leftover (cool) basmati rice, garlic and fresh cilantro. We served it with steamed broccoli spears and an entree
- (grilled herb chicken breast or possibly seitan patty). It is easy and fast; a great new way to prepare a vegetable. Serve to company.
- 1. Heat a 3-qt non-stick sauce pan with heavy bottom over high heat; add in oil and butter and swirl to heat and coat bottom of pan. Add in the diced potato and shake pan to coat the cubes. Season with pepper and cook over high heat, stirring/shaking frequently till almost al dente, about 8 min total.
- 2. Add in the wine and burn off alcohol (1-2 min). Add in heated broth, 1/3 c. at a time; add in more only after the previous liquid is almost completely absorbed. A sauce will form after about 1 c. of the broth has been used.
- 3. When the sauce forms, add in the green onions and garlic and cook for 1 or possibly 2 min. Add in 1/4 c. of broth and cook for about 3 to 5 min more.
- Finally, add in the cool rice and the cilantro. Stir to combine. Add in the last 1/4 c. of broth and heat through. Serve at once or possibly keep hot on a very slow burner.
- fn*Inspirations and Adaptations is the name of a chapter in Alice Waters
- NOTES : Caramelized sweet potato. And it looked good too! next to dark green broccoli. This was absolute nectar. If you do not care for cilantro, do add in a fresh herb like tarragon. hope you try this one.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 165g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 39||19%|
|Total Fat 4.41g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.59g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.93g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|