Cost per recipe $10.59 view details
- 6 x Chicken breasts
- 1 x Onion, cut in half and then sliced thinly
- 1 x Apple, sliced sweet, hard
- 2 c. Chicken bouillon
- 6 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Brandy*, good
- 1 c. Cream
- *We use Calvados. You do not have to.
- Heat butter with oil. Salt and pepper chicken and saute/fry in oil till golden and 3/4 done. Remove chicken and place on paper towels to drain.
- Drain most of remaining oil out of frying pan. In the remaining one Tbsp. of oil, saute/fry onions and apples till tender and light golden. Add in bouillon and cook apples and onions till liquid is reduced by half. Add in chicken and simmer till chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken, add in brandy. Simmer for 2 min. Remove from heat and add in cream.
- Return chicken to cream sauce and heat VERY GENTLY for five min. Don't boil or possibly cream will curdle!! Serve over rice.
- NOTES : Barb fixed this for us one night when were in Switzerland visiting them in October, 1995. It was delicious.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1941g|
|Calories from Fat 1955||65%|
|Total Fat 219.83g||275%|
|Saturated Fat 65.28g||261%|
|Trans Fat 3.11g|
|Total Carbs 42.48g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|