Cost per serving $0.41 view details
- 3 medium sweet potatoes or yams (or 2 large) scrubbed
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, washed, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or sub 1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend to cut sugar carbs and calores in half)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a medium saucepan bring 2-3 inches of water to boil. Add sweet potatoes; cover and boil gently for 20 - 30 minutes or until just barely tender - donât overcook. Drain, cool slightly, peel and slice into Â¼ inch thick pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 1 Â½ quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Meanwhile in a 2 cup microwave safe container mix together brown sugar, water, dried cranberries, cinnamon and butter. Microwave sauce mixture 2 Â½ minutes on HIGH.
- In prepared baking dish layer sliced sweet potatoes with sliced apples. Pour the sauce mixture over the top. Cover top with foil.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 20 or more minutes until sweet potatoes and apples are tender.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 114g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 35||24%|
|Total Fat 4.01g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.46g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.75g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|