Cost per serving $1.81 view details
- 1 lb fresh salmon, skin removed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tbs canola oil
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin light olive oil
- In a small sauce pan, bring 2 cups water and lemon juice to a boil. Add salmon, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or until salmon is opaque and flaky. Remove salmon and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix breadcrumbs, flour, bell pepper, onion, parsley, salt, and cayenne.
- Break apart the salmon and add to breadcrumb mixture. Add in egg and mix to combine.
- Roll a handful of the mixture into a ball and flatten to form a disc.
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook each patty for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Place cooked patties on a cooling rack or paper towels to drain any excess grease. Serve with greens and drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Store in a sealed jar and shake before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 186g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 281||58%|
|Total Fat 31.6g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 5.06g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 28.52g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|