Cost per recipe $12.86 view details
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup (1/2-ounce) chopped fresh chives
- Panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, plus more, as needed
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Brush the salmon fillet with olive oil on both sides, sprinkle it with salt and pepper, then bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a fork, flake the salmon into 1/2-inch pieces and put into a medium bowl.
- Add the egg, chives, 1/2 of the Panko crumbs, the corn, mustard, mayonnaise, capers, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Mix gently until just combined.
- Form the mixture into 2 1/2-inch diameter patties, about 3/4 inches thick. (If the mixture is too dry to form into patties, add extra mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon at a time).
- Carefully coat the patties in the remaining Panko crumbs and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add the patties and cook until golden and crispy, about 7 to 8 minutes each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- For the sauce: in a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, capers, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange the salmon cakes on a platter and serve alongside the sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 957g|
|Calories from Fat 1822||73%|
|Total Fat 204.53g||256%|
|Saturated Fat 51.35g||205%|
|Trans Fat 1.06g|
|Total Carbs 18.92g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|