Roasted poblano chiles baked with eggs, tortillas, and lots of cheese.
Serve this with salsa for brunch, or as a side dish.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Cost per serving $0.52 view details
- 1 poblano, roasted, seeded and chopped
- 1 roasted, seeded, chopped, jalapeno, or Tabasco to taste
- 3-4 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 10 beaten eggs
- 1/3 cup milk, or half and half
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheese, such as Mexican Blend, sharp cheddar, or Monterrey Jack
- 1/2 tbs. taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbs. chopped cilantro
- garnish: paprika
- Roast the poblano and the jalapeno, place in a plastic baggie, and let sit 15 minutes.
- Using plastic gloves, strip off the skins of the peppers, and discard.
- Seed and chop the peppers, put aside.
- Grease a 1.5 qt. baking dish.
- Tear the tortillas into pieces, place on the bottom of the dish.
- Top with the pepper pieces.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Saute the scallions and garlic in the olive oil.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and half the cheese.
- Add the seasonings and cilantro.
- Pour the egg mix in the baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top, then sprinkle with paprika.
- When cheese has melted, cut and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 91g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 115||68%|
|Total Fat 12.97g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 5.61g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.91g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|