Cost per serving $1.27 view details
- 7 ounce whole-green chile peppers canned
- 1 pkt Tofu Mori-Lite Hard liquid removed
- 3/4 lb lowfat cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 lb lowfat Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 7 ounce diced green chile peppers canned
- 2 x Large eggs PLUS
- 1 c. egg beaters 99% egg substitute
- 12 ounce evaporated skimmed lowfat milk
- 1 c. salsa
- Split whole chilies lengthwise; remove seeds and lay flat in a 13-by-9-inch baking pan. Place tofu on paper towels and press gently to remove excess moisture. Crumble tofu and blend half of it with the Cheddar cheese and half of the tofu with the jack cheese. Top whole chilies with half of Cheddar cheese mix and half of the jack cheese mix. Add in a layer of the diced chilies.
- Repeat layers of cheeses and chilies. Beat Large eggs and egg products with lowfat milk
- (see tip) and pour over all. Spread with salsa. Bake in 350-degree oven for 45 min.
- TIP: Add in a healthy pinch of baking pwdr to liquid egg products to get them to
- "set" as airy as whole Large eggs.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 225g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 270||63%|
|Total Fat 30.4g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 18.1g||72%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.9g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|