Cost per serving $1.07 view details
- 1 lb Red kuri pumpkin, cooked
- 1 sm White onion (one-third c.), minced
- 2 x Green onions, minced
- 1 x Clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. Minced red bell pepper
- 1Â 1/2 c. Shredded cabbage
- 1/4 c. Diced roasted jalapeno peppers
- 1 c. Vegetable broth, from base
- 1 tsp Grnd ancho chilies, mixed with
- 1/4 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Cocoa pwdr
- Â Â Cinnamon
- Â Â Cayenne
- Â Â Cumin
- Â Â Black pepper
- Â Â Oregano
- 1 c. Cooked black beans, liquid removed and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. Chipotle pepper with adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Soft bread crumbs, mixed with
- 1 tsp Fresh lime juice, as thickener
- 2 Tbsp. Minced fresh cilantro
- 3 c. Cooked white rice
- 2 c. Fruit salsa
- Cook wedges of squash till crisp tender (around 5 mins Microwave on High).
- Let stand to cold and cook a little more. Pare, and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- In a wok or possibly large sauce pan, soften the onions with garlic in the oil over medium heat (5 to 7 mins). Add in red pepper, cabbage, and jalapenos and saute/fry till crisp tender (4 to 5 mins). Add in the broth and ancho paste (chili pwdr and oil). Add in pinches of cocoa pwdr, cinnamon, cayenne, cumin, black pepper, and oregano; simmer 2 mins and adjust to taste. Add in the beans and the squash and simmer; adding water as needed to maintain a thin gravy.
- Add in the chipotle. Stir in the moistened bread crumbs and cook till noticeably thickener. Then add in the fresh cilantro and heat through. Serve on cooked white rice.
- VARY: Use a bottle chipotle sauce like Troy's instead of canned chipotle adobo.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 303g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 25||6%|
|Total Fat 2.92g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.61g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 76.62g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.6g||32%|