This smoked and then baked pork recipe makes great sandwiches. I also add some to BBQ beans, stuff it in tacos, and add it to breakfast hash.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 hours
Servings: 6-8 servings
Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- 1 Boston butt pork roast, 3-4 lbs.
- 3-4 tbs. Pork Rub
- 1 recipe Shade Tree BBQ Sauce, or use the pork juices from Crockpot Pulled Pork for Tacos and Tamales
- oak and hickory wood chunks, soaking in water
- Rub the pork with seasoning, refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Light your smoker or grill (for indirect heat).
- When the charcoal is ready, add some wood chunks.
- Place pork fat side up on grate, put down the top.
- Add charcoal and wood, as needed (about every 20-30 minutes). At the same time, lift lid and baste the pork.
- Smoke for 4 hours, and put in a 250 degree oven or a crockpot with a bit of water. Cover with foil or lid.
- Cook another 2 hours, and begin checking for doneness - i.e., the pork will easily fall apart.