This is my father-in-law's famous ribs recipe. He's a well traveled dentist, and has served this to friends and colleagues from all over the country. Most will tell you honestly they are the best ribs they have ever had. This is what our kids ask for when they are at Grandpa's house near their birthday and they get to pick the meal. A treat for the whole family! And don't be scared off by the marmalade. It's the awesome secret ingredient!
- 4 pounds pork ribs (slab)
- 1 1/4 cup vinegar
- Seasoning Spices:
- salt and pepper to season
- paprika to taste (about 1 Tbsp)
- garlic salt to taste (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce (I6-oz.), select your favorite sauce
- 1 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Place ribs in a large pot. Cover ribs with water and add vinegar. Boil for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until tender.
- Remove from the pot; cool. Sprinkle seasoning spices liberally on both sides of slab.
- Mix the barbecue sauce, marmalade, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce together in a bowl.
- Place the ribs in a sealable plastic bag and add the marinade sauce in the bag. Marinate ribs for 4 hours or overnight.
- Place ribs on medium to medium low grill for 15 minutes before serving. You want the ribs to heat thoroughly and brown but not blacken.
- We typically serve these with Japanese (short grain) rice (white, brown or a mix), Japanese pickles and/or kimchi, aspargus or brussels sprouts, and a green salad. It also goes well with mashed potatoes or garlic mashed potatoes. Getting hungry just thinking about it!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 436g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 451||49%|
|Total Fat 49.96g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 15.97g||64%|
|Trans Fat 0.47g|
|Total Carbs 85.24g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|