Cost per serving $0.24 view details
- 4 c. Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Egg replacer
- 1 c. milk">Soymilk or possibly lowfat lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. Canola oil
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil or possibly melted ghee
- 2 x Garlic cloves, chopped
- Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk water and egg replacer.
- Mix egg replacer, soy lowfat milk and canola oil in a large bowl.
- Add in flour mix to soymilk mix and stir till dough forms a ball.
- Knead briefly, place in a greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let dough rest in a hot, draft-free area for 2-1/2 to 3 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil baking sheets.
- Saute/fry garlic in extra virgin olive oil for 2 min. Set aside.
- Lightly coat hands with vegetable oil and knead dough on a lightly floured surface till smooth, about 3 min. Divide dough into 12 equal pcs and roll each into a ball. Flatten each ball with hands, roll into an oval about 3/8" thick and stretch ends to create a teardrop shape (wide at base and tapering to a point on top).
- Place on baking sheets and brush with garlic oil. Bake on middle rack for 6 to 8 min.
- HINT: After baking, place under broiler to brown.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 80g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 67||30%|
|Total Fat 7.58g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 32.76g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|