Cost per serving $1.13 view details
- 4 x Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 20 x Cloves garlic, peeled (about 2 heads)
- 1 med Onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick and separated into rings
- 1/2 c. Minced sun-dry tomatoes (no oil)
- 1/4 c. Dry white wine
- 1/2 c. Chicken broth
- 1 tsp Dry oregano (I use 3t. of fresh)
- 1/4 tsp Grnd black pepper
- 1. Rinse chicken, pat dry.
- 2. coat a large ovenproof skillet with extra virgin olive oil cooking spray, and preheat over medium-high heat. Crush 2 of the garlic cloves, and place in the skillet. Place the chicken int he sillet, and arrange the remaining garlic cloves around the chicken.
- 3. Cook chicken for about 2 min on each side, or possibly till the chicken and garlic cloves are nicely browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet, and set aside. Remove the sillet from heat.
- 4. Lay the onions and tomatoes over the garlic cloves in the skillet.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer over the tomatoes, onions, and garlic. Pour the wine and broth over the chicken, and sprinkle with the oregano and pepper.
- 5. cover the bake at 350 F for 30 min, or possibly unhtil chicken is tender.
- 6. Serve warm. (I serve this over couscous and with some bread to spread the yummy garlic cloves on.)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 135g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 8||7%|
|Total Fat 0.92g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.22g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 11.16g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|