Cost per serving $0.20 view details
- 3-4 Really ripe Saba Banana (or Plantains)
- 1 Jar of Jack Fruit
- 1 Package of egg roll wrapper (The Filipino one is better for this than the Chinese version)
- 2-3 Cups of Brown Sugar
- Separate the egg roll wrappers since they are probably in one large stack (this was my normal job when The Mother was making this)
- Slice the bananas into 1/2 inch thick slices. I could probably get 6-8 pieces out of a banana depending on the length.
- Dip one of the slices into the brown sugar and make sure it is fully coated.
- Place it on the bottom 1/3 of the egg roll wrapper and place a piece of jack fruit on top.
- Fold over the bottom and sides to make a rectangle and start rolling. Use a little water to dampen the end of the wrapper to get it to stick to the roll.
- Deep fry and drain the oil
- *Option if you would like, add some brown sugar and butter in a skillet and drip the turon into to make a nice sugar coating :D
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 58g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.05g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 55.8g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|