Cost per serving $0.06 view details
- I went with ratio since it depends on how much you want to make.
- 1 part to 1 part instant masa to water *This may vary on how dry or wet you want the masa.
- 1 sugar to 4 parts masa *to make it a little sweet.
- Corn (optional but it would be a great add if you have it, I wish I did)
- Mix the flour and sugar together. *Corn if you have it.
- Slowly add the water. I would add it in parts so you are able to judge if it needs more or less.
- Create little pancakes
- Grill it on a non-stick skillet on a medium heat. You could put a little butter but it is not really necessary.
- Once it starts to dry up a little, flip them over.
- Once cooked, let it cool a little.
- Make a small incision in the middle of the cake and insert the cheese so the heat from the arepas melts the cheese.
- Top how ever you would like.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 5g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||17%|
|Total Fat 0.06g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.41g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|