Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6 12
Cost per serving $2.86 view details
- 1 lb (4 pc 4oz) New York Steak (or other preferred cut) cut about 1/2" thick
- 24 small corn tortillas
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup smashed avocado (see my recipe)
- 6 tsp chimichurri (see my recipe)
- 6 tsp marinated red onion (see my recipe)
- limes for garnish
- To Assemble Tacos: Season steak liberally with salt and black pepper and canola oil to cover.
- Cook on a hot grill or in a frying pan until medium or temperature desired.
- Set aside to rest after cooking
- Heat a frying pan to about medium hot.
- Add a small pat of butter and melt until sizzling
- Seperate tortillas stacking two tortillas together to make a taco.
- Add tortillas to pan (3 or 4 at a time) and warm through turning occasionally until soft and hot.
- Repeat process until all tortillas are heated.
- Chop steaks into 1/4" x 1/2" strips.
- Load the tortillas with meat about 2 oz
- Add a dallop of smashed avocado on top of each taco.
- Add 1/2 tsp of chimichurri, then top with marinated onions as desired.
- Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 216g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 228||46%|
|Total Fat 25.87g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 12.76g||51%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 45.2g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.2g||24%|