Serve this easy prep recipe as a side dish. It is very different from the casserole #1 that I posted, which is more of a breakfast/brunch item.
The sour cream/egg "custard" that tops the casserole is soft, creamy, and simply delicious.
- 2 large poblanos peppers, roasted, seeded, cut in strips
- 10 oz. shredded Monterrey Jack, pepper Jack, or other cheese, like sharp cheddar
- 1 1/3 cups sour cream, room temp
- 4 extra large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish: paprika
- your choice salsa
- Heat oven to 35o F.
- Roast and seed the peppers, cut in slices.
- Line the bottom of a 9" pie pan with foil, or butter a 1 1/2 qt. baking dish.
- Lay the chile slices in the bottom of the pan, top with shredded cheese.
- Beat the eggs with salt and pepper, stir in the sour cream until combined, pour on top of the cheese.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until the sour cream "custard" has jelled in the center, and a knife comes out clean.
- Sprinkle on more cheese, if desired, then paprika.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Scoop onto plates.
- Top with salsa.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 124g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 237||76%|
|Total Fat 26.96g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 15.69g||63%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.99g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|