Cost per recipe $6.71 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. Onion pwdr
- 2 c. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 1/4 c. Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Chili pepper, grnd. [see notes]
- 5 Tbsp. Peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 8 ounce Soy and rice tempeh, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 x Boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch cubes, up to 3
- 1 lb Tofu cut into 1/4-inch cubes.
- (1) Combine the garlic pwdr, onion pwdr, water, and (tempeh/chicken/tofu) in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 min. Remove the (tempeh/chicken/tofu). Drain and save the cooking liquid.
- 2. Heat the oil in the saucepan and saute/fry the onion and chili till soft.
- 3. Fold in the cooking liquid, peanut butter, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- 4. Add in the (tempeh/chicken/tofu) and mix till coated with sauce.
- 5. Serve over warm noodles or possibly rice.
- This recipe, if made as suggested, can be very spicy. We normally cut the amount of chili pwdr by half, although which is personal preference.
- Experiment with it.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1607g|
|Calories from Fat 1315||53%|
|Total Fat 149.08g||186%|
|Saturated Fat 26.26g||105%|
|Trans Fat 0.69g|
|Total Carbs 123.62g||33%|
|Dietary Fiber 47.3g||158%|