Cost per recipe $9.18 view details
- 3/4 lb large shrimp per person (in the shell)
- 1 pc or possibly 2 ears white corn per person (Silver Queen preferred)
- 3 pcs red "new" potatoes per person
- 1/4 lb Ekrich or possibly Hillshire Smoked Sausage per person
- 1/2 can Old Bay Seafood Boil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Dill Weed (optional)
- 1 pc Melted or possibly drawn butter
- 1/2 pc Fresh lemon
- Crosse & Blackwell Seafood Sauce
- Bread -- As Italian or possibly French
- Clean and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Rinse shells with cool water and reserve them.
- Shuck corn and remove silks. Wash with cool water.
- Cover with a wet towel. Set aside. Scrub potatoes with a brush under cool running water. Don't peel. Set aside.
- Cut sausage in pcs about 1" long. Saute/fry them in a frying pat till lightly browned. Set them aside.
- Put a Dutch oven or possibly large boiler half filled with water on to boil over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Put shells in water and boil them for about 5 min. Remove and throw away shells. Reserve water in pot.
- Add in Old Bay Seasoning to pot. Add in potatoes and boil for about 8 min.
- Add in sausage and corn. Boil for another 10 min or possibly till potatoes and corn are tender. Add in shrimp and start timing when water comes to a boil.
- Boil 3 min. NO longer.
- Overcooked shrimp are tough and rubbery.
- Season as desired with salt, dill weed. Serve Warm with seafood sauce, lemon, drawn butter, warm bread.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 673g|
|Calories from Fat 353||40%|
|Total Fat 39.24g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 11.85g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.24g|
|Total Carbs 36.92g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||16%|