Cost per serving $4.96 view details
- 1/4 c. yellow mustard seeds
- 2 Tbsp. black peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp. warm red pepper flakes
- 6 x bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. celery seeds
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp. grnd ginger
- 1/4 tsp grnd mace
- 1/4 c. salt Lemons halved, and wrapped in cheesecloth
- 3 lb red bliss potatoes scrubbed clean
- 6 piece good quality smoked spicy sausage - (4" ea) (like andouille or possibly kielbasa)
- 6 x ears fresh corn on the cob shucked
- 3 lb fresh shrimp - (26-30 count) unpeeled Biscuits or possibly warm bread
- Place all the crab boil mix ingredients, except the salt and lemon into a spice grinder and pulse several times.
- Fill a large pot with sufficient water to cover all ingredients. Use 1/2 Tbsp. of this mix plus 1/2 lemon wrapped in cheesecloth per qt of water used for low country boil. Add in the boil mix, salt, lemon, and potatoes, and heat till boiling. Adjust the boil seasonings, to taste.
- Once boiling, add in the sausage. Cook over medium heat for 15 min. Add in corn and cook for 10 additional min. Add in shrimp and cook no more than 3 min. Drain and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 503g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 50||11%|
|Total Fat 5.62g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.98g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.96g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||21%|