Cost per serving $0.60 view details
- 1 3/4 c. All purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 pch Salt
- 1/4 lb Unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1/3 c. Honey
- 1/4 c. Granulated sugar
- 2 x Large eggs, separated
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh orange juice, strained
- 2 Tbsp. Orange liqueur, (or possibly brandy)
- 1 Tbsp. Orange rind, grated
- 1 c. Plain yogurt Confectioner's sugar
- Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly butter and dust with flour a 9 inch bundt pan.
- In a medium size bowl, sift together flour, baking pwdr, soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl and using an electric mixer set at medium to high speed, beat the butter till light and fluffy. Add in the honey and sugar and continue beating till creamy. Add in the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well with electric mixer after each addition. Slowly add in orange juice, liqueur and rind and beat well with mixer at medium-high speed after each addition.
- Continuing with electric mixer, gradually beat flour mix and yogurt into the butter mix alternating between each till well blended.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with electric mixer at high speed till stiff. Fold into batter.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 45 min to 1 hour, or possibly till cake is golden brown and springs back when pressed.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cold for a few min in pan, then turn out cake onto rack to cold. Dust with confectioners' sugar when completely cold.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 92g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 165||47%|
|Total Fat 18.76g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 11.36g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.59g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|