Cost per recipe $15.21 view details
- 1 pkt Wooden skewers, (6 to 8 inches)
- 20 med Shrimp peeled, deveined and headed, up to 24
- 4 x Limes, Juice of
- 4 x Lemons, Juice of
- 1/3 c. Orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 1 x 2 inch piece fresh ginger grated and any juice reserved
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes, (more or possibly less for your desired heat), up to 2
- 1/4 c. Tequila
- 10 ounce Japanese barley, (if not available can use regular pearl), up to 12
- 1/2 c. Scallions sliced thin and cut on a bias
- 3 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Mirin
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 1 pt Or possibly 16 ounces peanut oil
- 2Â 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes, up to 3
- 1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Granulated sugar, up to 2
- 1 x Cucumbers cleaned and peeled for garnish, up to 2
- Skewer shrimp by piercing tail first then through head area. Place in a shallow baking dish or possibly pan.
- Combine juices, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and tequila and pour mix over shrimp laying flat in a baking dish. Cover and allow to cure overnight. Finished product will look white, not translucent/soft, and hard.
- In salted water cook barley according to directions on bag. Cook through and strain and then rinse with cool water. Place in a bowl and add in scallions, soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil and toss. Add in salt and pepper to balance taste.
- RED Warm CHILI OIL VINAIGRETTE:Bring oil to 140 degrees F, add in red pepper flakes, stir and allow to steep for 2 hrs.
- In a food processor or possibly bowl with whisk combine garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, rice wine vinegar and sugar and begin to slowly add in chili oil till mix is slightly thick.
- Yield: approximately 1/4 c. to 1/3 c. chili oil.
- Cut cucumbers into slices and lay around outside of plate and add in barley to center. Lay shrimp skewers across top of barley and using a ladle, drizzle vinaigrette on top of plated items.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1839g|
|Calories from Fat 4118||72%|
|Total Fat 466.09g||583%|
|Saturated Fat 78.13g||313%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 309.56g||83%|
|Dietary Fiber 58.0g||193%|