This recipe is incredibly easy and really tasty. We're healthy eaters, so frying tomatoes isn't the first thing that comes to mind. But you have got to taste these. Amazing! Disclosure: we used fresh tomatoes from our garden that were really flavorful. You may not get the same results with less flavorful tomatoes. We served with broiled salmon and rice, but these would go well with anything.
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- Season the tomato slices with the lemon pepper and dill.
- Place the eggs and flour in 2 separate dishes. Dip each seasoned tomato slice in the egg to coat, then press in the flour, coating both sides.
- Heat two Tbsp olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Place tomato slices in the skillet, and cook 4 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Remove to a serving plate.
- Add more oil as needed and more slices of tomato for the next batch. Continue until all tomatoes have been cooked.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 154g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 104||42%|
|Total Fat 11.76g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2.02g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|