Cost per serving $0.50 view details
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced into rings
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked green lentils (or brown lentils)
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white or brown rice (I use basmati)
- 1 tsp garam masala (optional)
- 2 1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onions, and cook about 10 minutes, until nicely browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place lentils in a medium saucepan with enough lightly salted water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add the rice and enough water to cover into the saucepan with the lentils. Season with salt and pepper. Cover saucepan, and continue to simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until rice and lentils are tender.
- Mix half the onions into the lentil mixture. Top with yogurt or sour cream and remaining onions to serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 135g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 59||19%|
|Total Fat 6.66g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.18g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.62g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.6g||69%|