Cost per recipe $29.02 view details
- 1 lrg Pan fried halibut fillet
- 900 gm Fresh mussels, (2lb)
- 2 lrg Carrots
- 2 x Red onions
- 2 stk celery
- 400 ml White wine, (14fl ounce)
- 2 x Tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh pesto
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly minced flat parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh basil, tarragon
- Â Â Butter
- Â Â Extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Seasoning
- To cook the mussels heat up a little extra virgin olive oil in a pan with 1/2 a diced onion, carrot, celery and a little tarragon. Add in the white wine and stock, bring to the boil and simmer for a few min.
- Prepare the mussels and add in to the boiling stock mix. As soon as the mussels begin to open drain thm off into a bowl keeping the liquid separate.
- Hot a pan on the stove with some butter and extra virgin olive oil and dice all the remaining vegetables. Add in these to the pan and cover with the stock, bring to the boil, gently simmer adding the remaining stock if needed. Simmer till the vegetables are tender and season well with salt and pepper, add in the pesto and leave to one side.
- Pan fry the halibut in half extra virgin olive oil and butter and colour well on one side. This should only take about 3 min. Add in the tomato to the stew and the mussels and place in the serving bowl with the halibut on the top.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2577g|
|Calories from Fat 1218||45%|
|Total Fat 137.5g||172%|
|Saturated Fat 66.11g||264%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 89.43g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.8g||36%|