Cost per serving $1.24 view details
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 2 carrots peeled, diced
- 1 large celery stalk diced
- 1 small onion peeled, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Rinse lentils. Place in crockpot and add all remaining ingredients.
- Cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or until lentils are tender.
- Adjust water as needed.
- To enhance flavor, prepare one day in advance.
- Makes about 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 344g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 5||3%|
|Total Fat 0.53g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.09g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.9g||36%|