Cost per serving $2.36 view details
- 6 ounce king crab meat - (to 8 ounce) thawed if necessary
- 1 pkt frzn minced spinach - (10 ounce)
- 3 Tbsp. butter or possibly margarine
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/8 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/8 tsp grnd nutmeg
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. half-and-half or possibly lowfat milk
- Slice crab; reserve liquid. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain.
- Heat butter in large saucepan. Add in onion; saute/fry till tender. Blend in flour and spices. Gradually add in chicken broth, stirring constantly; heat to boiling.
- Puree spinach mix in blender or possibly food processor. Add in half-and-half, crab liquid and crab. Heat thoroughly. Don't boil.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Serving Tip: Creamed Crab and Spinach Soup can be served chilled.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 256g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 137||64%|
|Total Fat 15.61g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 9.51g||38%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.91g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|