Cost per serving $2.35 view details
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts,poached
- 1 each medium carrot, celery stalk, and onion
- 1 tsp. fennel pollen
- 8 c.plus 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 lb. uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tsp. each cracked black pepper">pepper and crushed pepper">pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 lb. fresh baby spinach
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg, scant
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup chicken broth and water. Add bay leaf,onion cut in half, celery and carrot quartered and 1/2 tsp. salt. Bring up to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Place chicken in poaching liquid. Cook until no longer pink or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees. Remove from liquid and allow to cool just enough to handle. With two forks, shred chicken and toss with fennel pollen and olive oil. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth up to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook until al dente- about 6 minutes. Reduce heat and stir in spinach remaining salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. Add a pinch of nutmeg. Place reserved chicken into soup.
- To serve, divide soup evenly among bowls and drizzle with olive oil.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 456g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 37||16%|
|Total Fat 4.21g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.29g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 33.65g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|