I have created another recipe using zucchini and it is quite tasty. This recipe is great for brunch or lite dinner with salad and has a tender flaky crust. The zucchini pairs wonderfully with the sun-dried tomatoes and anchovies. Easy to make and appealing to the eye with a classic charm and garden freshness.!! I hope you enjoy my latest installment of cooking with zucchini. Zucchini bread is delicious, but variety is the spice of life!!
- 7-9 large slices zucchini, about 1/8 inch thick
- 1 3/4 c. zucchini, medium dice
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1 store bought pie crust
- 1 tbsp. butter, cut into tiny cubes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten and mixed with about 1 tbsp. water
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Toss diced zucchini with sun dried tomatoes and about 1 tsp. of the tomato oil. SPST. Set aside.
- Place pie crust on baking sheet with a sheet of parchment and carefully unroll.
- Center zucchini and tomato mix and arrange slices in circular fashion on top.
- Dot with pats of butter and add anchovy fillets radiating out from center. fold up edges of pie crust around edge of veggies. SPST. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Brush tart with egg wash and bake until golden brown and veggies are fork tender, about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and dot with goat cheese and drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with additional fresh cracked black pepper.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 106g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 132||56%|
|Total Fat 14.79g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 6.55g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.8g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|