For a delicious variation of "meat and potatoes" try this saucy, flavorful version of a filipino favorite, served over rice.
Cost per serving $0.41 view details
- 2 boneless breast halves of chicken
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 yellow onion
- Soy sauce
- White vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Cut uncooked chicken into small thin slices and spread them out on chopping board.
- Salt all pieces
- Put chicken in mixing bowl and cover with soy sauce just enough to ensure chicken pieces are covered/change color (approx 2-3 tbs)
- Add 1 tbs minced garlic to bowl and mix
- Let soak for 20 mins at least.
- Meanwhile, Peel and cut potato into bite size pieces.
- Fry (medium) in 1 tbs olive oil in tall covered pan (to avoid splatter).
- When potato is almost cooked, add a little soy sauce onto potato to change color(approx 1 tbs).
- Stir and cook about 1 additional minute, then remove potato and put in clean bowl.
- Peel onion and cut into small pieces
- Saute onions (medium-low) in covered pan when potato is removed.
- When onion is mostly cooked, add a little soy sauce onto onion to change color.
- Stir, and cook about 1 additional minute.
- Remove onion, and add to potato bowl.
- Cook chicken in same pan with approx. 1 tbs oil.
- Spread pieces of chicken over pan, covering bottom of pan.
- Cook on medium in covered pan (It takes about 2 batches to cook chicken).
- Turn chicken over when chicken is shrinking. Total cooking time is about 5 minutes.
- Remove meat when starting to brown
- Add 2nd batch. (usually there is enough oil from first batch to cook second batch, if not add a little).
- Remove last batch of meat.
- Add soy sauce (1tbs), lemon juice (1 tbs) and water (1/2 cup) to pan, and wait until it begins boiling
- add 1 tbs white vinegar (donât stir and donât cover) and let boil again briefly until strong vinegar smell is gone
- then dump everything back until it boils. Then turn off. You're done.
- Serve over rice if desired.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 147g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||3%|
|Total Fat 0.39g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.11g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 19.31g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|