Our close family friends used to ask me to cook this pasta whenever we have a one-dish or potluck party. Kids and adults alike love this dish so it disappears like a bubble on the dinner table. It's so tasty, simple and quick to cook. Try it!!!
- 1 kilo elbow macaroni
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 kilogram ground beef
- 2 large capsicums, julienne
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Saute' onion and garlic in a heated oil until light brown.
- Add ground beef. Stir fry for 10 mins.
- Mix chopped capsicums.
- Season with soy sauce, salt and black pepper.
- Add water and cover. Simmer until done, about 15-20 mins.
- Stir in ketchup, continue simmering for 5 mins.
- Mix macaroni and stir carefully over a low heat.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 212g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 109||20%|
|Total Fat 12.3g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5.09g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 79.84g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|