This is a delicious and hearty soup for any evening.
Enjoy with love,
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 hours
Cost per serving $2.43 view details
- 1 medium head of cabbage â sliced
- 1 â 29 oz. can crushed tomatoes">tomatoes or whole tomatoes">tomatoes
- 5 cloves of garlic â chopped
- 4 stalks of celery â chopped
- 2 bunches of scallions â chopped
- Healthy handful of Italian parsley â chopped
- Â½ red onion â sliced
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 â 29 oz. can of cannellini beans â drained
- 2 bay leaves
- Dashes of sea salt
- Dashes of fresh ground black pepper
- Dashes of red pepper flakes ~ (extra for a nice kick!)
- Dashes of oregano
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Romano Cheese for grating
- Box of your favorite macaroni
- In a large soup pot drizzle olive oil and heat. Add the cabbage, scallions, garlic, parsley and onion and sautÃ© until the cabbage becomes slightly wilted. Add the tomatoes, bay leaves, beans and the seasonings and stir.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the macaroni as directed.
- Spoon the macaroni in a bowl and add the soup. Grate Romano cheese on top and enjoy.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 696g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 35||12%|
|Total Fat 3.9g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.68g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 45.21g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.5g||55%|