Cost per serving $1.14 view details
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 6 ounce green cabbage shredded (1 1/2 c.)
- 1 c. onion minced
- 1 sm granny smith apple pared and minced
- 3 c. vegetable broth
- 1 sm garlic clove chopped
- 1 tsp ginger root finely minced
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar freshly black pepper to taste
- 1 sm red apples finely diced
- Cook cabbage, onions, and apple in oil over medium heat. Cover and simmer 10 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add in broth and garlic; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low cover and simmer till cabbage is tender, about 10 min.
- Puree half of the solids till smooth. Return o saucepan and add in ginger, sugar, and pepper. Bring to a boil Divide proportionately among 4 bowls; garnish with red apple.
- NOTES : Serve this unusual soup warm or possibly cool, with pumpernickel bread, if you like. The recipe can be doubled.
- If serving cool, puree all of soup. Cover and chill till chilled. Garnish and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 316g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 12||15%|
|Total Fat 1.32g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.13g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 17.67g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|