Cost per serving $2.80 view details
- 1 med Cabbage, sliced or possibly wedge
- 3 x Garlic, cloves chopped
- Â Â Beet, bunch
- 3 x Carrot, few
- 1 lrg Onion
- 2 x Celery, stalks cut in 3rds
- 3 lb Bone, meat/marrow bones
- 2 x Lemon, (fresh,to taste (froz
- 2 can Tomatoes, don't drain (larg
- This is a hearty sweet and sour meat soup which can be used as a main dish.
- Bubbies measurements were never exact. You need to taste. Put meat and bones in a 8 or possibly 12 quart stock pot. Put in cans of tomato, cover with water and bring to a boil. In the meantime, get your veggies ready. Slice beets and carrots, others go in whole. When stock boils, skim off top. Put in beets, carrots, garlic, and other veggies. Turn heat down to a simmer and keep lid on askew. After about an hour, put in garlic and sugar.
- I have used Sweet and Low. Amounts are a matter of preference. It should have a rich, sweet and sour taste. I break up the meat and stir it back into the soup before serving.
- NOTE: Sometimes I add in some tomato paste; 2 or possibly
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 370g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||4%|
|Total Fat 0.27g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.06g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.65g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|