This contains chickpeas which might sound strange but actually works really well! It doesn't taste particularly 'chickpea'-like and is still incredibly moist despite having no butter.
You can easily make this completely gluten-free by using gluten-free baking powder too.
This was made in an 8" square tin.
- For an 8" square tin:
- 200g melted chocolate
- 300g chickpeas
- 3 eggs
- 9 tbsp sugar
- Half tsp baking powder (gluten-free if needed)
- Mash or blend the chickpeas as much as possible.
- Beat in the eggs til smooth.
- Mix in the sugar and baking powder.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Transfer to a 8-inch cake tin and bake at 175 degrees C for about 40 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 48g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 73||42%|
|Total Fat 8.71g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4.55g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.33g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||18%|