Cost per serving $0.99 view details
- 1 15.5 ounce can of black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained **
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- * I think the canned variety are too mushy and salty. Instead, I buy black-eyed peas in the produce section of my grocery store. They're partially cooked and I cook them as directed on the package. I use about two cups of the peas in the recipe. I may add a little more vinegar and olive oil, depending on the amount of peas used.
- In medium bowl, toss together the peas, tomatos, peppers, onions, celery, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss dressing into the vegetables and place in a storage container.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of eight hours.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 130g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 49||44%|
|Total Fat 5.52g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.81g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.32g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|