Cost per serving $0.77 view details
- 1 c. Dry lima beans soaked overnight Or possibly...
- 30 ounce -canned lima beans
- 1 c. Blackeye peas freshly cooked or possibly canned
- 2 x Celery sticks finely minced
- 1 sm Red sweet pepper seeded and finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. Roasted cashew nuts (Or possibly more to taste)
- 2 x Green onions, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato sauce, (ketchup)
- 1 x Garlic clove, crushed
- Â Â Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Cumin or possibly jeera, grnd
- 3 Tbsp. Balsamic or possibly wine vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix the liquid removed beans with the celery and sweet pepper. Roast the cashew nuts, in a dry frying pan, till browned.
- Put on paper towels and allow to cold. When cold, toss into the beans with the green onions. Mix the tomato sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil together well. Pour over the beans and mix well. Allow to stand for about an hour, before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 112g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 134||47%|
|Total Fat 15.25g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 2.23g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.54g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.1g||27%|