United States Chef
Windle Grissett Chef Profile
Beyond the Weed Salad
I am an Enigma of Culinary traditions...a purist in the authenticity of dishes...a student of the classical styles...a child of molecular gastronomy...I am a professor of fusion cooking, always outside the box.
"if you settle for less than you deserve, you will always get less than what you settled for..."
My mother, grandmother, and father all shared a common passion for food and cooking. I got a little passion from all of them. But my biggest influence has come from the cultures and people of the world. I learned from the Italians that nothing is more sacred than family, food, and food. Germans have gotten a raw deal as far as its contribution to the gastro-world...we French do not over sauce, and Asians eat more than rice and fish. Taking all that I know and all that I have learned has allowed me to develop my own "Tao of Cooking".
Awards, Honors and Societies
I understand wanting to list accomplishments, not a big believer in tooting my own horn. I work under the radar, my patrons, and clients that keep asking for me and continue to show their patronage is all I need. With that said I have won numerous awards, and refuse to join societies. I donate my time and share my knowledge with others.
Le Cordon Bleu
the is no substitute for a classical French education.
Culinary Academy at Strasbourg
a must see region of France
- A History of Food (Maguelonne Toussaint-Samat )
- answers a lot of myths and folklore about food
- Baking with Julia (Julia Childs)
- The German Cookbook: (Mimi Sheraton)
- A Guide to Mastering Authentic German Cooking
- Eat, Pray, Love (Elizabeth Gilbert)
- A woman's search for Nirvana, movie was good, book is much better
- The Tao of Food (Richard Craze and Roni Jay)
- Taoists believe everything is as it should be & this belief is carried over in preparation of food
Chefs I recommend
- Gerard Thompson (Glenrose)
- very Southwestern with a Euro-flare
- Shenandoah Gillich (Las Vegas)
- Cakes and Mixed drinks are her specialties