Cost per serving $0.57 view details
- 1 quart of button mushrooms â sliced
- Â½ sweet onion â chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic â chopped
- 1 long hot pepper â chopped with seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Vegeta bouillon â (or your favorite bouillon) plus 6 cups of water
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 cup of potato buds
- Â¼ lb. bacon â cut into pieces
- Juice of Â½ lime
- Shredded cheddar cheese â for garnish
- Cilantro â chopped - for garnish
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Heat a large saucepot with a drizzle of olive oil. Place the garlic, long hot pepper, onion and mushrooms in the pot to sautÃ© until the onion is clear.
- Prepare the bacon on a heated griddle and let the bacon get nice and crispy. When the bacon is done set it aside.
- Add the tablespoon of bouillon and the cups of water to the pot and simmer. Add the cup of potato buds, stir and continue to simmer on low. Add the cups of milk and simmer on low for a few more minutes.
- When the soup is ready to be served add the lime juice and stir. Top the soup with the bacon bits, cilantro and cheddar cheese.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 270g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 190||63%|
|Total Fat 21.09g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 9.16g||37%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.98g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|