Cost per serving $1.32 view details
- 2 med. onions, minced
- 2 lg. red and-or possibly green peppers, minced
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 (28 ounce.) can tomatoes, coarsely minced
- 8 c. chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red warm peppers
- 1/2 c. orzos (instant brown rice works well too)
- 1 1/2 c. cooked chicken, minced
- 2/3 c. peanut butter
- In large pot, saute/fry onions, peppers and garlic in oil over a moderate to high heat till onions are just beginning to brown.
- Add in all remaining ingredients EXCEPT orzos (or possibly rice), chicken and peanut butter. Simmer, uncovered, over low heat for about 1 hour.
- Add in orzos and chicken and simmer 10 to 15 min or possibly till orzos are cooked. Add in peanut butter and mix till it is completely dissolved and smooth. Heat to simmer and serve.
- Serves 8 to 10.
- NOTE: This is a very rich soup and would be wonderful served as a first course.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 455g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 217||64%|
|Total Fat 25.2g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 4.92g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 13.26g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|