Cost per serving $2.08 view details
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 3/4 cup (3 x 1/8-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 x 1/8-inch) julienne-cut yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken and 1/2 cup green onions in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Drain and discard green onions. Place chicken on a work surface or cutting board, and shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Combine juice, sugar, and garlic in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; microwave at HIGH for 20 seconds or until sugar melts. Cool to room temperature; stir in fish sauce.
- Combine remaining 1 cup onions, chicken, cabbage, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with juice mixture; toss well to coat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 182g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 63||35%|
|Total Fat 7.06g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.24g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 15.46g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|