The chain was founded in 1958 as Del’s Sizzler Family Steak House by Del and Helen Johnson in Culver City, California. The chain is composed of more than 270 locations throughout the U.S. Most of Sizzler’s U.S. locations are in the West.
- 1 medium capsicum (should stand on its base)
- 1 medium tomato ripe and firm
- 1 carrot boiled, cut into 1/2â³ slices
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 2 potatoes boiled and peeled
- 1 onion cut into rings or strips
- 3-4 beans boiled and halved
- 1 cup boiled rice
- 1 cup boiled noodles or spaghetti
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. soyasauce
- 1 tsp. cornflour
- 1 tbsp. dried bread crumbs, fine
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Mix ginger, garlic,
- Mash one potato well, cut fingers of the other.
- Mix rice, mashed potato, cornflour, chilli powder, soyasauce, ketchup, salt.
- Cut off cap from both tomato and capsicum. Scrape tomato from inside to form hollow.
- Place capsicum in boiling water till limp. Drain and pat dry.
- Fill both tomato and capsicum with rice filling. Brush with a little butter. Keep aside
- Shape pattie of remaining mixture and shallow fry with oil. Keep aside.
- To assemble sizzler:
- Heat sizzler tray, place half butter in centre, add all vegetables, salt and stirfry.
- Push to the sides, put remaining butter in centre. Add noodles, sprinkle salt and pepper, toss.
- Push to sides inside the veggies. Place the capsicum, tomato and pattie in centre.
- Turn carefully to sizzle all over.
- Transfer tray to its wooden container.
- Make tray very hot before serving and sprinkle very lightly with some white vinegar, to sizzle.
- Serve piping hot with sauce, garlic rolls, etc.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1034g|
|Calories from Fat 257||12%|
|Total Fat 29.32g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 9.35g||37%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 426.12g||114%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.0g||60%|